After reading The Speed of Light by Linda Essig, here is an essay that convers:
- The impact of computerized control on commercial theatre.
- How automation has altered director, designer, and audience expectations.
- The key players in driving technological change in lighting design, according to this book, and since the 1950’s.
After reading The Speed of Light by Linda Essig, we were asked to cover the following:
- Since the Speed of Light was written, significant technological advancements have been made in our industry. Discuss three advancements that you are aware of either through personal experience or through reading the “trades.”
- Imagine the future of our industry. How do you think lighting designers will be working twenty years from now? What tools may they be using?